Sunday, September 24, 2017

Coyotes are back!!!!

At least I hope they are--I did hear them last night, the young ones yipping along with the parents...my standard poodle, Budda, knew it before I did, his barking alerting me to something coming close. I saw their footprints on the road this morning. So excited to hear them again! Lay in bed with a smile on my face.

And then there is the juvenile Cooper's Hawk that spent several hours in our backyard yesterday after killing a dove. Not sure how I can be happy about this, but it was a thrill to watch him--here's one photo I took of him eating his kill--disgusting I know, but still--it's nature working the way it should work, not how humans want it to work. He is quite magnificent. Didn't realize how small Cooper's Hawks are.

In any case wildlife is flourishing with the cooler weather--last night we were able to leave our windows open and turn off AC--what a treat after the summer of no fresh air! Fall seems to be here. Now if I could get my hip to stop hurting I could start my walking again...not sure why it stays exactly the same--been going on now for over two months with little change. It is muscular, not bony and now I'm going to an acupuncturist. It has an emotional component as all injuries do--just wish I could figure out what it is! Any insights? Would love advice on what to do--it's deep in the butt muscle and radiates into the front of my thigh--only really bothers me when I'm walking--the one thing I do for stress. *sigh*

Patience, I keep telling myself. Not one of my virtues, I'm sorry to say.






No comments:

Post a Comment